When you outsource your data entry services, there are both pros and cons to it. It definitely lessen your work and outsourcing them to the dedicated teams instead of hiring one in-house team is better and cost effective way however some possible risks exists to this approach as well.
In this article we will discuss about the potentials risks of outsourcing data entry and how to stabilize them:
1. Communication and Geographical Barriers
The very first risk that exist is outsourcing itself. The tram is not sitting in your office rather it is sitting offshore which might result in lack of communication. This geographical differences, if not coordinated promptly, might cost your company big time. You can take the following few steps to make sure that this arrangement works:
- Make sure that you check the credibility of the outsourced company before getting into the contract with them. It is always better to double-check whether the team is component enough to handle your work or not.
- Make sure that you establish a consistent report sharing culture from the beginning. Be it weekly or every 15 days or monthly reports but it is very crucial for you and your company to be updated with the progress of the assignments.
- Don’t let the time zones be the barrier to your proficient work approach. What needs to be done, needs to be done! Communicate accordingly and fix a time and mode of communication, better opt for the outsourced companies, which provide 24*7 client back office support.
- Clearly laid down your expectations from the outsourced companies omitting any confusion or letting difference in work culture effect your progress.
2. Struggling with Quality
Learn, Earn and Educate Community
Our motto is to spread the awareness about the latest technological happenings and the best-in-the-business news, to engage our users and startup customers from storytelling in setting up the startup culture.
When you outsource your data entry services, you shall understand one thing very clearly that the team in outsourcing company might not have the same first language, or they might have different quality standards, or the different work culture and mind-sets from that of your country. Hence, resulting in the low quality control. Even if you have established a good communication system with them or overcome all the above barriers, it is very important to make the outsourcing team understand your quality standards to your day-to-day operations. You have the reports with you but still you cannot keep a track of day in and day out work happening in the off shore office. To avoid sacrificing in your work quality you may:
- Appoint an in-house quality control team, which might stay in touch everyday with your off shore outsourced team.
- Give your in-house quality control team enough liberty to deal with the off shore team and to take liberal decisions if required
- Lay down clear guidelines for your in-house as well as off shore teams
3. Unclear Payment Policies
When you decide of outsourcing your data entry service you have done core study and research and gone through every possible evaluation to make sure that this decision does not cost you, instead proves to be cost saving one. Agreed! Although it is always advisable to go through the payment terms and conditions of the outsourced company and understanding them clearly as it might be very rare but you might end up paying for higher amount on invoices than you evaluated. To avoid ending up into this situation you may:
- Become clear with the payment policies of the outsourced companies pre-signing the contract.
- Be impending about all your needs and work requirements.
- Be bold and ask directly from the outsourced companies if they have any hidden costs.
Check this video for outsourcing benefits: –
We describe the best benefits of outsourcing services in this post.